Cheesy Bean Burgers
This recipe makes 4 cheesy bean burgers.
400g – Can butter beans, drained
50g – Grated carrot
50g – Extra mature cheddar, grated
50g – Wholemeal bread
3 tspn – Tomato chutney
2 tspn – Tomato puree
Handful of flat leaf parsley
For the guacamole:
1 – Ripe avocado
2 tbspn – Half-fat soured cream
1 tbspn – Fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 180’C / Gas 6.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and a plate with a sheet of kitchen roll.
- Start by grating the carrots and then squeeze the carrots in your hands to remove the excess moisture. Once you have done this place the carrots onto the paper-lined plate.
- Drain and rinse the butter beans and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mash the butter beans into a large bowl and begin cutting the stalks off the parsley and chops the leaves with scissors.
- Add to the beans with the carrots, cheese, chutney and tomato puree.
- Break the bread into chunks and whizz in a food processor to make breadcrumbs. Add to the large bowl and season with black pepper.
- With damp hands shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place on the baking tray and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes before baking in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To make the guacamole – Scoop the avocado in a bowl, mash with a fork and ten mix in the soured cream and lime juice.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the burgers in a toasted bun with the guacamole.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!