This recipe makes 1 delicious Banofee Pie.
For the base
100g Melted butter
250g Digestive biscuits, crushed
For the caramel
100g Dark brown soft sugar
397g Can condensed milk
For the topping
2-3 Large bananas
300ml Whipping cream, lightly whipped
- For the base place the digestive biscuits into a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and place in a bowl, add the crushed biscuits.
- Spoon the crumbs into a tin and spread evenly over the base and up the sides to make a pie shell. Chill for about 10 minutes.
- For the caramel melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick pan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about 1 minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel.
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base and chill for 1 hour or until set.
- Lightly whip the cream and slice the bananas.
- Mix half the bananas in with the cream and spread over the caramel. Arrange the remaining bananas over the top and sprinkle over the grated chocolate.
Make sure you really boil the filling for at least 1 minute to be sure it sets to a perfect squidgy caramel.
Store in the fridge.